The SCO STE MARGUERITE
- With 80 years of existence, the SCO Ste Marguerite founded in 1936 currently has nearly 2,500 members spread over 20 sports :
Track and field, Basketball, Pétanque, Dance, Sports School, Football, Gymnastics at tackle, maintenance Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Karate, Tai Shin Ki, Starting Hiking, Seniors, Tennis, Cycling, Volleyball.
- Track and field, swimming, tennis, and gymnastics are among the most popular, between 200 and 300 members by sports.
- Some sports are also ranked with their national performances, especially track and field, rhythmic gymnastics and karate with members regularly participating in high-level competitions and has won many titles as a team or individually.
- The other sections are not left out in terms of participation in local competitions, departmental and regional. Remember the confrontation between hockey SCO Sainte Marguerite and the British team for the London Masounians in September 2005.
- Life sections of the SCO Sainte Marguerite is also the way for a large part of its members to enjoy convivial and playful moments by giving access to different activities for the greatest number. Thus we find both activities for seniors and early childhood through hiking and sports school.
Other references events
- Marseille-Cassis (39th Edition in 2017). This 20km race quickly became legendary held every year 15,000 participants on the last Sunday of October. Known for the originality and beauty of its course, it is also and above all a festive and friendly event. Top athletes, amateurs or simply passionate Marseille-Cassis, all meet and express the same satisfaction when crossing the Col de la Gineste then the finish line in the port of Cassis.
- L'Autre Marseille-Cassis. Hiking in which 1800 sillonnnent privileged paths of the Creeks to the port of Cassis. (The day before Marseille-Cassis)
- La Marche Bien-Être - December 2017 - 11th Edition
Key dates :
- In 1936, a group of volunteers mobilized and created the SCO (Cultural Society Omnisports) Saint Marguerite. Subsequently a fruitful collaboration with teachers and student teachers of Physical Education-installed in Luminy allows a large opening multisport and multifaceted.
- En 1979, the creation of the first edition of the Marseille-Cassis race made known the SCO worldwide.
- En 1986, the growing success of Marseille-Cassis reflects on all of the club.
The SCO reached the thousand members and offers 18 traditional disciplines or leisure. The SCO is 50 years. The SCO is the second sports club Marseille (2300 members - 8 jobs).
- In 1990, the first hike from Marseille to Cassis creeks (the other Marseille-Cassis) hosted 1,800 people.
- In 1996, it is the beginning of a new headquarters. SCO remains true to his motivation always: the right to sport for all, in friendship and conviviality.
- In 2003, the 25th edition of Marseille-Cassis welcomed 12,000 participants from around the world.
- In 2008, the 30th edition of Marseille-Cassis welcomed 15,000 participants from around the world
- In 2014, the 36th edition of Marseille-Cassis with a success and an ever increasing impact.
Find the details of each section www.scostemarguerite.com/fr/
SCO Sainte-Marguerite Marseille Athlétisme :
1 Bld de la Pugette - 13009 Marseille
04.91.75.24.24 - Fax : 04.91.75.78.62
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org